5 FREE TIps for Bristol CT Real Estate Agents
As a professional Bristol CT Real Estate Agent, you know how easy it is to to get burned by prospective home buyers. Tire kickers are time wasters. So the next time you meet someone at an open house or get a call to show them your listing, be prepared to set yourself up for success. Here are 5 TIPS for Bristol CT Real Esate Agents that just might help you close more sales.
1. Make a Pre-approval Letter a Must. Know the difference between Pre-Qaulification and being Pre-Approved. It is imperative for any buyer to have at least a Pre-Qualification letter in hand before you agree to meet with them.
- If they haven't talked to a loan officer, give them the name of a direct lender like Envoy Mortgage.
- Be sure that the letter indicates that the lender has pulled their credit; has made an effort to verify income; that the buyer has sufficient funds to close; and, indicates how much of house they can afford.
- This might be a good time to discuss the deposit check, how much they will need and how it works.
2. Determine your Home Buyers expectations.The better the working relationship Bristol CT Real Estate Agents have, the more likely the Buyers will be to stick with you! Spend time at the begiinning getting to know your Buyer- find out what exactly what they are looking for in a home and what they expect from you.
3. Make your expectations known. No Bristol CT Real Estate Agent likes to work for FREE! Don't be afraid to ask your new client for a commitment to work with you.
- Just explain that you require a signed agreement from all Buyers before you work with them.
- Outline your commitment to them, the effort you will exert on their behalf, your expectations and include just what you expect from them.
This way, everyone will know exactly how to work effectively with each other during the entirehome buying process.
4. Show your local expertise right away. You are the expert on local housing trends, prices, neighborhoods, schools and more. You are definitely more knowledgeable than their friends who are probably giving them real estate advice. Before you begin the home search for your client:
- Present the buyer with the market data and trends for the neighborhood they are looking in.
- Show the buyers the MLS and how you will search for homes for them, including all of the criteria that they have to choose from in their customized search.
- The internet is a powerful tool, so set up an auto feed so that they can start receiving automatic listings with this criteria right away.
5. Creat a "New Home Buyers Guide". Show your new client that you are indeed a professional. Help your new client understand the process and what they are expected to do.
- Develop an informational package that explains how to deal with open houses such as, immediately claiming you as their agent when they introduce themselves to an open house agent.
- Include action items for getting started like obtaining a loan contacting an attorney. lining up an insurance agent, providing a list of preferred home inspectors and making an offer.
- Give them a complete set of contract documents so that they can look them over before they even make an offer.
Now is the time to buy! I hope that by following these 5 TIPS for Bristol CT Real Esate Agents, you will ensure that your new clients are prepared, qualified and not to mention, happy. Don't forget, happy clients will refer you to their network of family and friends. But most importantly Bristol CT Real Esate Agents will not be wasting their time showing 30 houses to a buyer who is not really ready to buy.