...if you think that market price for your home listing = the amount you still owe + Realtor commission + a little extra for the down payment on your new place.
...if you want to list your house a 'little high' to leave wiggle room for the low offers.
...if you think an open house every weekend and advertising in every print publication in the tristate area will sell your house.
...if the first words you plan to say in listing meeting are, "well the house down the street sold for (insert dollar amount here)"
...and those words are not immediately followed by, "...last last month - and it's the exact same floor plan and condition as mine..."
Ok, get another Realtor is a little harsh, maybe. But my point is this:
Select a Realtor because:
- She/He is a professional, with ethics, continuing education and resources.
- She/He is person you trust to advise you on market conditions, determining list price, staging, marketing techniques.
- She/He provides research and analysis to back up those recommendations.
- She/He is not just telling you what you want to hear.
Now, a few more harsh words:
If you are a surgeon/auto technician/accountant/teacher/(insert profession here), I promise NOT to tell you how to operate/auto repair/prepare taxes/educate our youth/(insert service here). Please trust me to help you sell/find your place.
This market is no longer a happy, pretty place with rainbows and roses (with no bugs on the leaves). I've probably got some bad news for you. And you're gonna hear it, 'cause it's important to know. So here's a little sampler:
- My picture on a business card/billboard/shopping cart will NOT sell your house. That will take us working as a team to price it right, stage it right and market it to the right target market.
- There are only three things that affect the sale of your home: Location, Condition and Price.
- These days "They can see past it" are THE MOST DESTRUCTIVE WORDS you can say.
So, if you're not ready to really listen to professional, informed and backed-by-research recommendations for how to get through this not-so-comfortable buyer's market with your dignity and your house sold in the shortest time possible for the most money possible through hard work on all our parts...
GET ANOTHER REALTOR.