Built as a country estate in 1770, the Josiah Quincy house was once surrounded by fields and pastures overlooking Quincy Bay.
Colonel Josiah Quincy, the Revolutionary War leader, built the home. He was the son of Col. John Quincy, after whom the city is named.
The house is at 20 Muirhead St. Tours will be offered at 1 p.m., 2 p.m., 3 p.m. and 4 p.m. Saturday, July 10, and Saturday, Aug. 7. Hourly tours also will be available from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 25, with the final tour beginning at 4 p.m. Quincy residents are admitted free; regular admission is $5.