The Town of Miami Lakes in conjunction with Costco
Date: Saturday July 10, 2010
Time: 9:00AM -1:00PM
Event: 2010 Hurricane Preparedness Fair
Location: Costco of Miami Lakes 16580 NW 59 AV
There will be: Light Refreshments, Booths & Demonstrations, and a Generator/Supplies Raffle.
All weather experts are predicting a busier-than-usual hurricane season for 2010, and the Town of Miami Lakes wishes to reminds its residents and businesses now is the time to plan, prepare and participate!
Take a moment to review your family's hurricane plan and supplies. If you have yet to develop a plan, utilize the information on the Town of Miami Lakes Hurricane Information Website.
Keep in mind, after a storm, roads can be difficult to navigate and help might take some time to arrive. Therefore, all residents must be ready to survive on your own for a minimum of 72 hours without electricity or water. Please take the time necessary to prepare yourself and your family NOW, because we may not have the time once we in the path of a hurricane.
It is better to be safely prepared early, than sorry in the end.
IMPORTANT TELEPHONE NUMBERS TO HAVE ON HAND:
- Emergencies 911
- Town of Miami Lakes Town Hall 305-364-6100
- Special Needs- Miami-Dade County 305-273-6790
- Miami-Dade County Office of Emergency Management 305-273-6700
- Miami-Dade County Hotline Rumor Control 305-598-7550
- American Red Cross (Shelter Information) 305-644-1200
- Florida Power & Light 305-442-8770
- City Gas 305-693-4311