OK this is another email of me complaining of another realtor. Don't get me wrong, I know I'm not perfect but there are a few simple things that can be done to help save everyone time!!!
Scenario: I have a listing that is tenant occupied, unit in very original shape built in the 70's and needs some updating. MLS shows it being in average condition and in the description it states that it needs work. On top of this I also have photos of the unit that does not show well at all. Lastly, I need to be present for all showings and will need 48 hours notice because of the tenant.
The other realtor calls me for the showing appointment, the following is how it goes:
- Showing Realtor - Hi I'm ??? and have a client that would like to see your unit at the Discovery Bay.
- Me - OK that's great, when would you like to see it so I can check with the tenant and my schedule as well since I need to be there for all showings.
- Showing Realtor - How's about today at 4pm.
- Me - The unit is tenant occupied and that wont be possible. The tenant is adamant about the 48 hours notice.
- Showing Realtor - Oh ok, how's about tomorrow?
- Me - Like I just mentioned that it will need to be 48 hours till I can get you in. The tenant will and has not bent on this in the past and was really upset with me when I tried to push the issue. Sorry but the soonest wont be till 2 days from now at best.
- Showing Realtor - Oh so there is no way I can get in today or tomorrow.
- Me - No, sorry there is no way.
- Showing Realtor - Well I guess I'll show it on Thursday at 3-4pm. (This is 2 days in advance)
- Me - Thursday should be fine but I need to check. Is there anyway you could make it within a half hour timeframe? I do need to be there.
- Showing Realtor - You need to be there? Why didn't you say something. (MLS states this and I stated this earlier in our conversation.)
- Me - Are you driving? (Thought that's why he wasn't listening)
- Showing Realtor - No
- Me - Ok just wondering. By the way is your client ok with a fixer upper cause the unit is original and does need some work.
- Showing Realtor - Yeah she is that's why I want to show your unit.
- Me - Great I'll get it confirmed and call you back.
I got the showing confirmed and went to meet them at the condo. Showing time is 3-3:30pm since he cut the time down for me. 3:45pm he still didn't show. I call him and he said that they are right around the corner and will be here in 5 minutes. 30 minutes later he shows. They walk in and the first thing his client says is "This unit is original and needs work! I told you I wanted something I could just move into. I don’t have the time to do the work!" My jaw dropped and didn't know what to say. I take that back, I knew exactly what I wanted to say but knew it would be best to keep my opinions to myself. Needless to say they spent all of 30 seconds in the unit after I waited over an hour for him and spent another 10 minutes getting no where with him over the phone.
All of this could have been avoided if he just listens instead of always wanted to talk! Next time he calls I may just hang up!!!! Thanks for listening and hope this doesn't happen to you!