There is a big difference between a real estate agent and a REALTOR. A real estate agent is licensed through the State and can practice real estate as long as they are affiliated with a real estate company.
Ormond Beach REALTOR | Daytona Beach REALTOR VS. Daytona Real Estate Agent
Real estate agents who are not a REALTOR will not have access to the multiple listing service, will not have keys to open locks to show your home.
In most cases it will limit showings and exposure to get your home sold. Not only am I a real estate agent I have chosen to be a REALTOR.
Daytona Beach Area Association of REALTORS | Ormond Beach REALTOR | Daytona Beach REALTOR VS. Real Estate Agent
So what is a REALTOR? A REALTOR is a real estate agent who has taken additional training and steps to become a REALTOR. I have joined one of the largest organizations in the country, the organization would be the National Assocation of REALTORS.
Although not a requirement if you are practicing real estate and would rather be a REALTOR than just a real estate agent, we know we must become a member of NAR. There are several advantages with working with a REALTOR.
- REALTORS must join their local board. I am a proud member of the Daytona Beach Area Association.
- REALTORS must join their state board. I am a proud member of the Florida Assocation of REALTORS
- Must become a member of the National Association of REALTORS
- Have access to all mls listings available on the market
- Access to use the mls to market listings to fellow REALTORS
- We offer protection by using documents that are approved by the Florida Association of REALTORS and these documents are approved by attornies too.
- We take additional training
- We take an oath to abide by The REALTOR CODE of Ethics.
As you can see there are many advantages of working with a REALTOR vs. just a real estate agent. More training, more accountability and access to all mls listings on the market today.