Making the most of... LinkedIn
LinkedIn… You either love it or you hate it. Well, that’s not true. There’s one more category that you could fall into. You want to love it but you have no idea how to make it work for you. Well, I love LinkedIn and believe that it is a great opportunity to not only showcase your business services but also a great way to get to know others and for others to get to know you.
Here are some tips to help you make the most of LinkedIn:
- Keep your profile up-to-date. If you change jobs or add a specialty area, be sure to include that in your profile so that people will accurately know how to network with you.
- Share an update. Update your network status as often each week as possible. This will show that you are active!
- Make your connections count. Choose at least 5 contacts each week and send them a message sincerely asking how you can network together. Don’t use canned text!
- Join groups. Be sure that for the groups you join, you can honestly contribute to or you know will be a benefit to your business growth. Don’t join groups and then spam them. You’ll get more out of your involvement if you provide relevant information to the other group members.
- Start groups of your own. Your groups should provide something real to the participants. Don’t start groups that already exist or you’ll start off competing with them. Be unique and provide a real service.
You really can do business through LinkedIn. You just have to put in a little effort – but it definitely pays off!
RE/MAX Excellence Realtor with Architectural Dimension
Serving all your Real Estate needs in MD, VA & Wash., DC