For Your Clients: 7 Lawn Care Tips for the Summer Season
By Stephanie Andre
RISMEDIA, July 17, 2010—The summer is officially upon us. And what that, comes weeds, bugs and, of course, more time needed to tend to your lawn.
Here, learn how you can make the most of the season with these summer lawn care tips:
1. Proper watering and water conservation is important at any time of year, but particularly when heat and a lack of rain lead to water deficits and drought.
2. Evaluate your lawn regularly for signs of irregular color and texture. These can be signs of damage that may result from pests or disease.
3. Proper year-round lawn care keeps a lawn healthy and prevents weeds, disease and pests. But sometimes, insects you may not notice can travel from the yard to your home. To stop them, hire pest control to keep the bugs on the outside. You can also reduce their outside presence by treating the lawn for insects such as fleas and ticks and fire ants.
4. While lawns are generally the focal point of most yards, don’t forget about trees and shrubs. Well-maintained landscaping adds dimensionality to a home and increases its value.
5. In the heat of the summer, you may be tempted to mow your lawn in shorts and flip flops, but remember, you need to stay safe: wear long pants and closed-toed shoes.
6. Also, no matter what outdoor activity you’re enjoying, be sure to stay hydrated with plenty of water.
7. The essentials of good summer lawn care are watering, fertilizing and proper mowing. However, sometimes an underlying problem (such as bare spots or severely damaged turf) requires additional measures.