Mold Assessor - Initial License by Examination
This application is used by individuals who have passed at least one of the examinations offered by The American Council for Accredited Certification (ACAC). The department has approved the following examinations: Council-certified Indoor Environmentalist (CIE) examination, Council-certified Indoor Environmental Consultant (CIEC) examination, and Council-certified Microbial Consultant (CMC) examination.
- EXAMINATION: Individuals seeking licensure as a mold assessor must first take and pass one of the examinations approved by the department and administered by the American Council for Accredited Certification (ACAC), in computer based testing format. To contact the American Council for Accredited Certification please call 1-888-808-8381 or go to the website at www.acac.org. Please refer to the application instructions for information regarding the administration of the examination.
- EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: A copy of a transcript is required demonstrating an Associate of Arts degree or higher with at least 30 credit hours in microbiology, engineering, architecture, industrial hygiene or occupational safety or related field of science from an accredited institution. The applicant must also demonstrate a minimum of 1 year of documented field experience in microbial sampling or investigations;
a high school diploma and 4 years of experience under the supervision of a Florida licensed mold assessor or remediator. This is not a complete listing of educational and experience requirements. Please see the application instructions page for complete information.
- FINGERPRINTS: An applicant must have a background check as part of the licensing process. To learn more about fingerprinting, please visit our fingerprint FAQs.
- INSURANCE: Applicants for a Mold Assessor license are required to attest that they have obtained general liability and errors and omissions insurance for both preliminary and post remediation mold assessment in the amount of no less than $1 million dollars as determined by statute.
- FEE: Pay the required fee as provided in the application, payable to the Department of Business and Professional Regulation.
- APPLICATION: Complete the application by clicking on the "Printable Application" link at the bottom of the page.
MORE INFORMATION: Learn more about this profession's application requirements (use the back button or arrow to return to this page).