Leaving on vacation, either for a weekend or for an extended period of time can be very hectic and it is easy to forget the small, but important things which may make the difference in an average or a terrific getaway. The following checklist is provided to help you remember some of those small, but significant items.
Just before Leaving:
- Unplug temporary use appliances such as irons, curling irons, steam curlers, hair dryers, multi-cord outlets, coffee pots, etc.
- Throw out food that will go bad before you return.
- Set house lights and possibly a radio or television to be activated by a timer.
- Leave a vehicle parked outside
- Empty trash inside and outside home.
- Close windows and drapes, check locks.
- Do NOT change answering machine to say you are away.
- Notify a neighbor