I recently read an article in New Jersey Family that listed 101 fun things to do in New Jersey. I have lived in this state most of my life and I must admit I have done very little on the list. Here are some of the things I want to do:
- Tickle your taste buds at the Annual New Jersey State Ice Cream Festival (7/17; Toms River; 732/946-2711).
- Cruise on the historic schooner A.J. Meerwald, New Jersey's Official Tall Ship (Port Norris; 856/785-2060).
- Visit a wetland. And don't miss the 28th Annual Wings 'n Water Festival at the Wetlands Institute (9/17-19; Stone Harbor; 609/368-1211).
- Celebrate the cranberry at the Chatsworth Cranberry Festival; New Jersey ranks fourth in the U.S. in cranberry production (10/16-17; 609/698-2501).
- Dance with wolves at the Lakota Wolf Preserve. The Gray wolves will be resplendent in their winter coats (Columbia; 877/733-9653).
- Walk a steel girder, avoid the big blue nose, and take the Wildlife Challenge at Liberty Science Center (Liberty State Park, Jersey City; 201/200-1000).
- Learn the old-style European method of crafting cheese from sheep's milk at the Valley Shepherd Creamery (Long Valley; 908/876-3200).
- Savor fresh strawberries at the Annual West Cape May Strawberry Festival (6/4/11; 609/884-9325).
I hope you found these to be fun. For the complete article go to http://njfamily.com/en/news/101_Fun_Things_to_Do_in_New_Jersey.aspx
Jacob Dean Mortgage
If you are in need of a mortgage in Morris County, Middlesex County, Sussex County, Bergen County or anywhere in New Jersey please give me a call!