Our next networking and fundraising event is the 2010 WCR Expo & Fashion Show entitled "Passion for Fashion" to be held on November 10, 2010, at the Sheraton Westport Chalet where local real estate professionals will model clothing generously provided by Macy’s-St. Peters and will collect gently used business clothing for Dress for Success. Dress for Success is a local charitable organization dedicated to promoting the economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire, a network of support and career development tools.
The 2010 Expo & Fashion Show will include:
- Vendor Expo
- Business Networking Reception with Free Drink Tickets
- 3-Course Dinner with Cash Bar
- Fashion Show Featuring Celebrities and Local Real Estate Professionals as Models
- Silent Auction Highlighting Local Businesses and their Products and Services.
In today’s real estate market, our members do not just sell homes—our members also sell the communities in which they work, live and play. In doing so, our members are proud to promote local businesses. Now, we are calling upon the generosity of our business partners in our local communities to support the Women’s Council of REALTORS® by donating an item for the silent auction.
Here are some of the reasons to donate an item for the silent auction:
- Support the professional development programs offered by the Women’s Council of REALTORS®.
- Gain recognition as a WCR supporter and expose your business product or service to the more than 400 real estate professionals attending the event.
- Receive recognition in the printed silent auction program, be highlighted and acknowledged through announcements throughout the event, and be recognized in printed materials advertising the event.
- Silent auction items donated may be deductible as a business or advertising expense. Consult your tax advisor for more information.
Here are some suggestions for items to donate:
- Wine, Wine Baskets and Wine Accessories
- Gourmet Food Baskets
- Local Neighborhood Gift Baskets
- Event, Music, Sports and Other Tickets
- Fitness and Other Memberships
- Restaurant and Other Gift Certificates
- Spa and Other Service Packages
- Travel – Lodging and More
- Day Trips and Other Group Outings
- Catered Events and More
- Sport Memorabilia and Other Collectibles
- Designer Purses, Jewelry and Accessories
In addition to donating an item for the silent auction, we would also invite you to attend the event, purchase an Expo booth at the event, or support the event by collecting used business attire for donation to Dress of Success.
If you are interested in donating an item for the silent auction, contact Ryan Shaughnessy at PREA Signature Realty at 314-971-4381 or via e-mail at Ryan@PREASignatureRealty.com.