Reminder for home buyers or potential hombuyers. This has become more critical than ever!
Many are taking advantage of interest rates at historic lows, either by re-structuring debt with a refinance or purchasing a new home. However, the recent economic crisis has created even tougher guidelines and credit requirements and there are some things that consumers must be aware of when applying for a loan.
Leading nationwide credit expert and President of Credit Resource Corporation, Linda Ferrari, developed the top 10 credit don'ts during the loan process, to help you get your arms around those things that can unknowingly wreak havoc on your loan transaction.
1. Don't do anything that will cause a red flag to be raised by the scoring system
2. Don't apply for new credit of any kind
3. Don't pay off collections or charge offs
4. Don't max out or over charge on your credit card accounts
5. Don't consolidate your debt onto 1 or 2 credit cards
6. Don't close credit card accounts
7. Don't pay late
8. Don't allow any accounts to run past due-even one day!
9. Don't dispute anything on your credit report
10. Don't lose contact with your mortgage and real estate professionals