This is SO inspiring!!
If you have ever made boo-boos personal or otherwise, then you have unsold yourself. You have caused others to take a look at you and it is a step backward. THINK: Your personal stock just took a dip. Depending on how you handle the faux pas (or worse) will determine how far you fall. There are many ways to undo or reverse sell yourself and your image...
1. Keep talking and see if you do not kill your own deal. I blogged about it, but enough cannot be said. I run into it where ever I go and it took me years to learn to shut-up.
2. Too much advertising about you, your company and how you are worshiped by all your clients past, present and ? is a turn off to the new inquirer. Okay so your great stuff, but what does that do for the inquirer? Heck, maybe they cannot afford your services...who knows? Tooting your own horn is risky business.
3. Pushing too hard or being too willful. You know you are right and you want the deal, but the other person (s) are not quite where you are at. In time maybe, but not right now. Well, you go for the OVERKILL and you reap what you sew...only it is you that got killed along with the deal.
4. Never talk about anyone else in the negative to a client or an associate. Whatever you are saying says a lot about you. Furthermore, you just aptly demonstrated that you cannot be trusted with ....a confidence.
5. Never put down on another product to make yours shine. Yours should shine on its own merits and others have good product and skills too. By making someone wrong so you can be right is a disaster....FOR YOU.
6. Don't tell people what to do. Submit things for their consideration. People know things...lots of things. Respect the fact that when they hear and see value, they will act on it. ARE YOU VALUE? They will see it. If YES and they will see it if NO.
7. Not Knowing yourself. Know how you come across and to do that, you must be open and inviting to FEEDBACK & INPUT. If you are non-threatening, people will approach you and want to help you. Dress, talk and act accordingly and you will attract correction...a good thing.
8. Keep pretending that you do not have a blind side and that you have arrived and know everything. Now, if this is not true, skip this one. If it is true and you are acting it out, stop it now. Pride and arrogance will lead to false results.....reverse selling at its finest and will finish you off.
My friends and fellow business venturers......practice what the HEBREWS did when the angel of death came a calling. They marked their place of residence and refused to let it enter...REFUSE THE KISS OF DEATH that comes from REVERSE SELLING....and stop turning away business.
PEOPLE FIRST...THEN BUSINESS
Richie Alan Naggar Ran Right Realty Riverside, Ca