Addison Pacesetters (Addison, Texas residents 50+ years of age) meet the first Wednesday of each month at Dunn Bros. Coffeehouse on Beltline Road and learn about the Town of Addison. This month, Byron Cain, Jr., the director of Heritage Tours, spoke to us about the upcoming Pacesetters trip to Natchitoches, LA. Here are some interesting tidbits from his presentation.
- Heritage Tours will be conducting the Pacesetter's tour to Nachitoches, LA on September 25-26, 2010.
- The focus of the tour: see, eat and drink.
- Nachitoches is where the movie Steel Magnolias was filmed.
- The city was founded in 1714 and is older than New Orleans.
- It is on the Cane River which is really a lake, not a river.
- The city is known for the meat pies made there.
- Saturday, tour participants will be on their own for lunch and shopping, followed by sightseeing led by a local resident.
- Saturday night and Sunday lunch are included in the cost of the trip (The Landing & Mariners restaurants), as is breakfast.
- Participants will stay at the brand new EconoLodge, south of the city on the river.
- Sunday includes a tour of the Melrose Plantation.
- Sign up begins on August 16th. You need not be an Addison resident to participate.
If you're not an Addison resident and would like to become one, please contact me about purchasing a condo, townhome, duplex or single family home in Addison, Texas. Addison is a great place to live, work and play!
To sign up for the 2-day tour, contact the Addison Athletic Club and make your reservation.
Next month, the first Wednesday is September 1st. Come out and join the Addison Pacesetters at Dunn Bros.