As a foreclosure specialist when I come, knocking on the door of homeowners it usually means; the bank is now the owner and you have to vacate the property.
I feel sad for some of these owners who truly have had a hardship. I often find myself explaining to them, it does not have to get to this point you as a homeowner have options.
That is why I counsel the homeowners in distress who work with me, the choices available to them. When working with people who are struggling with their mortgage payments, I provide guidance on how they can contact and work with their mortgage company to find solutions.
I refer these homeowners to KnowYourOptions.com by Fannie Mae.
This website by Fannie Mae has an excellent online resource, which offers reliable and easy-to-understand information in both English and Spanish, to help struggling borrowers find alternatives to foreclosure.
- An interactive Options Finder to help homeowners identify options that might be right for their situation
- Calculators to help borrowers understand how many of the options work, including refinance, repayment, forbearance, and modification
- Videos featuring real homeowners discussing how they received help and housing counselors providing advice
- A virtual assistant to walk homeowners through key areas of the site; and
- Next steps and helpful forms
- A financial checklist and contact log to help borrowers be prepared when contacting their mortgage company or housing counselor.
KnowYourOptions.com provides homeowners who are having trouble paying or owners who recognize they can no longer afford their mortgages with detailed information on:
- Repayment plans
- Loan modifications
- Short sales
- Plus more
Before I come knocking on your door...Check out KnowYourOptions.com today!