YADDA YADDA YADDA...Remember that Seinfeld episode when Elaine is recapping a date and she says something like, "We had the bisque and then yadda yadda yadda." Jerry says, "Hey you left out the best part of the story", to which Elaine replies, "No. I mentioned the bisque."
Think about your home....what would someone who comes to see it at an open house say was the best part?
Here's some comments I've heard:
- "The colors here are just beautiful"
- "Obviously, this is the boys room"...decorated with pictures of half naked girls
- "Are these owners smokers?"
- "What is that smell?"...oh, just a dozen different Yankee Candles all opened, some lit.
- "Do they have dogs or cats?"...not a good sign that people are afraid of your pet's smell!
- "This house is so neat and clean"
- "Come over here, honey...look at the pictures....doesn't this look just like Sue?, or what a pretty wedding dress!, or Do we know these people?"
- "This closet is huge!"
- "Clearly this is a bachelor pad."
- "It's very dark in here"...some higher wattage bulbs or an open curtain can go a long way.
- "Aaahhh, it's so cool in here"...on a broiling summer day or "It's nice and toasty"...as they shake the snow off of their jackets.
- "I love it how they decorated it!"
If someone was leaving your home and only had a few words to describe it, what would those words be...hopefully not, "I went to an open house today and Yadda Yadda Yadda."
By Karin Stocknoff on August 10, 2010
The Kasey Group Sells...