The Glory Of Paint! Selling By Design-Staging, Fresno, CA

By
Home Stager with Selling By Design-Staging

This is part two of my blog on the transformation by Selling By Design-Staging of an otherwise lovely vintage home in Fresno,CA, which was plagued by a scary paint job worthy of Dracula's castle. Originally a bedroom,  used as a "media" room, it was a big turnoff to buyers.

Enough said.

                                                      Before Painting

 

                                                         After Painting

 

PS. The bed is a work in progress. More to come.

Posted by

Linda Thompson

Fresno, CA- home staging and redesign services

                  Selling By Design-Staging

Selling By Design-Staging specializes in giving homes an edge on the competition by creating atmospheres that are appealing, inviting and that say to potential buyers "Welcome home." For more information we invite you to visit our web site at   http://www.sellingbydesign-staging.net


 linda@sellingbydesign-staging.com

Recommended by Home Care

Recommended by:

 

 

close

This entry hasn't been re-blogged:

Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At
Location:
California Fresno County Fresno
Groups:
Stage It Forward...
Blogging & SEO
Real World Home Staging for Newbies
Tags:
home staging
paint
redesign
fresno ca
selling by designstaging
harvard ave
home transformation

Spam prevention
Show All Comments
Rainer
51,417
Julie Davis, Amy Blank - Rediscovered Interiors, LLC
Rediscovered Interiors, LLC - Andover, MN

Wow!!!  That was a huge change...for the better of course!  I know it's just paint (mostly) but since only 10% of buyers can visualize the room beyond all that black, it is so much better to just go ahead and do it for the other 90%.  I'm pretty sure that room would have cost the first price reduction!  Thanks for sharing!

Julie

Aug 11, 2010 06:14 PM #1
Rainmaker
202,795
Mary Lou Teague
HOME STYLE AND STAGING LLC - Knoxville, TN
Home Style and Staging Knoxville. TN

Great job..just how many coats of paint did it take to cover all that black ??

Aug 12, 2010 12:42 AM #2
Rainer
253,684
Kathy Burke
Sensational Home Staging~~Danville, CA - Danville, CA
S.F. East Bay Home Staging

That black would scare me too!!  What a cheerful difference......GREAT improvement!!

Aug 12, 2010 04:22 AM #3
Rainmaker
360,425
Ginger Foust
Certified Staging Professional - Oakhurst, CA
Home Stager Oakhurst CA, Dream Interior Redesign & Staging

Wow Linda.  It must have taken a lot of primer to cover all of that black.  Vampires room is a good description for it.  Nice job. 

Aug 12, 2010 05:34 AM #4
Rainer
98,547
Linda Thompson
Selling By Design-Staging - Fresno, CA

Hi Julie, You are right. We believe that the room was one of the reasons for the first price reduction.

Marylou, It took two coats of primer and one of paint.

Thanks Kathy. The room did actually creep me out as I staged the other rooms. Gives the whole house a different feel now.

I Ginger. Yes it took a lot of primer. The black just sort of soaked it up.

Aug 12, 2010 06:49 AM #5
Rainmaker
271,173
Cathy Lee
CL Design Services Home Staging - Danville, CA
ASP, IAHSP, RESA Danville, CA

UNBELIEVABLE!!!! I am stunned someone could have a room like that-how depressing!! Your transformation is so refreshing. Thanks for sharing. 

Aug 15, 2010 04:40 PM #6
Show All Comments

What's the reason you're reporting this blog entry?

Are you sure you want to report this blog entry as spam?

Rainer
98,547

Linda Thompson

Ask me a question
*
*
*
*