Marion, Ar. - The Next Best College Town
You probably won't think Marion, Ar. is a college town, and we are not really a college town itself. As a matter of fact, we don't have a college in Marion, Ar.
So, you ask, how is that made Marion, Ar. the next best college town? Let me explain.
- Mid South Community College, located in West Memphis, just about 10 minutes away
- Rhodes College in Memphis, Tn, right cross the State line, about 20 minutes away. Forbes America's Best Colleges 2010 #47
- University of Memphis in Memphis, Tn., about 20 minutes away. Forbes America's Best Colleges 2010 #583
- Christian Brother University in Memphis, Tn., about 20 minutes away. Forbes America's Best Colleges 2010 #543
- The University of Tennessee Health Science Center in Memphis, Tn., about 15 minutes away
These are just a few which are very close to Marion, Ar., and for that reason, Marion, Ar. becomes a popular choice for parents of some lucky college students to buy a house for their kids to live and commute to the college instead. Also, you can get a brand new house for as low as $120,000, with 3 bedrooms and 2 baths, it is very affordable.
Students can't live in the dorm forever, and they will need to find a place to move. Some parents see this as an opportunity for real estate investment to purchase a house in Marion, Ar. and they can also share the extra rooms out to their friends to help paying the note.
Parents have the option to sell or lease the house out after their child/ren graduated from college, it is a win win situation. Don't you think?
If you are interested in buying a house for your college child/ren to live in Marion, Ar. and commuting to colleges in Memphis, Tn. Please feel free to give me a call or send an email to me. I will be glad to discuss it further with you.