How to Survive Writer's Block...For Better or Worse!
photo courtesy of: http://www.flickr.com/photos/drewcoffman/4815205632/sizes/m/in/photostream/
We all know how important blogging is (at least most of us do). Less than two years ago, I had not ever read a blog, much less written one. Thanks to Active Rain, here I sit, almost 2 years later with a good number of blogs under my belt and priceless knowledge, content and resources I never thought I would possess. I have learned everything I know about blogging from the AWESOME folks in my office (Kristin Moran, Sheila Moran and Matt Stigliano) AND from the AMAZING folks here at Active Rain (way too many to list...). The keys to becoming a successful blogger, IMHO are consistency, content and authenticity.
For me, the hardest part in becoming a successful blogger is content,which in turn directly impacts one of the other keys, consistency! I try to post as often as possible (my goal is at least 2-3 per week). Once my kids go back to school (3 more days, 3 more days....) I hope to increase that goal. I have been really struggling, however to come up with good content!
So, I decided to write a post dedicated to brainstorming possible topics for future blog posts. Some of these are no-brainers and most certainly have been unintentionally hijacked from other bloggers, some of these may be ridiculous and never come to fruition and one or two might actually be original and great. Either way, I am just going to start a list and see where it goes.
So here goes....
- Home maintenance tips for the (fall, winter, spring, summer)
- Upcoming community activities and events
- Local charities
- Local school happenings and events
- Restaurant reviews
- Sports (especially local teams)
- Sports leagues for adults (i.e. sand volleyball, softball, kickball, dodgeball, etc)
- Free stuff to do around town
- Family friendly "things to do"
- Where can I find a farmers market?
- How to zero-scape my yard
- Easy ways to save on my utility bills
- Should I rent or buy?
- Remodeling projects that increase a home's value
- Why should I get pre-qualified?
- FHA 203K
- Tax Credit Extension for Military
- How to stay sane when selling your house.
- Current builder incentives.
- Where can I volunteer?
- I'm painting my house, what colors work best, what colors to avoid.
- How to buy a HUD home.
- Where can I find cheap gas?
- Fun day trips.
- How to plan a fun staycation.
- Home warranties
- Do REALTOR bonuses really work?
- How you know its time to reduce the price.
Well there it is...28 random topics that came to my mind in the last 30 minutes or so. I am a list person, so I know just having this list out there will get my creative juices flowing. I guess we'll have to see if it works! I would love to hear your thoughts and see what other ideas you might add!
Have a great weekend!