A Stager's questions for You, Mr./Ms. Home Seller, after you've asked some first. Savvy sellers are calling Home Stagers directly to inquire about their services. Frequently (and smartly!), they are contacting a Stager prior to a listing agent. Sellers ask many questions about the process and the costs incurred.
Cape Cod Fence
If you're considering selling your home, be ready for some questions too. Stagers need some information to evaluate how to best proceed.
- Thank you for calling, how did you find me? (Thank you, ActiveRain!)
- What is your full name, address (of listing), phone and email?
- Why are you selling?
- Have you listed yet?
- If so, who is your agent?
- What is the list price?
- How would you describe your house? Neighborhood?
- Who is the target buyer?
- What is its condition?
- Do you have children? Ages?
- Any pets? Cages/pens?
- Have you purchased another home? Locally?
- Why have you contacted a Stager?
- What kind of help are you looking for?
- How soon can we meet? (We need to see the house.)
And most importantly:
- What is your budget for preparing your house for sale?
You know you need help if you've called a Stager. Plan to put aside some funds for things like paint, landscaping materials, new bed linens and towels, storage, and perhaps a cleaning service or pet sitter as well as the Staging fees. Professional Home Staging does not need to be expensive. Talented Stagers can work with a seller's own furnishings or provide rentals; it all depends on the needs and budget, so have one ready!
Julia Vigneron Maher, Nestings Home Staging & Model Home Design: Award-Winning Staging for Model, Vacant and Occupied Homes in Fairfield County, CT (including Fairfield, Southport, Westport, Trumbull, Monroe, Newtown, Stratford, Easton, Weston, Wilton, Norwalk, Darien, Stamford, Greenwich) and Connecticut.
Buttons courtesy of www.brianyerkes.com
Generate More Leads from this Listing
With a Trulia Pro Account
Find what you need?
See More Blog PostsAbout Real Estate! SEE MORE NOW!