After reporting a net loss of $4.7 billion in the second quarter of 2010, Freddie Mac has ask the U.S. Treasury to contribute another $1.8 billion, bringing the total bill for Freddie Mac's government relief to $63.1 billion since September 2008. Fannie Mae also requested an additional $1.5 billion, bringing the combined total for both entities to $148 billion since they were bailed out by you and I two years ago. Locally, the key metrics below will provide some insight into the San Marcos single family home, condo/townhome market and the most recent inventory of duplexes, triplexes, and fourplexes to come into the market:
San Marcos Single Family Homes
- August, 2010: San Marcos Homes for Sale: 433 (Active, contingent, and pending)
- August, 2010: San Marcos Months of Inventory: 6.7
- July, 2010: San Marcos Median Home Price $375,000; 11% lower than July, 2009
- July, 2010: San Marcos Homes Sold: 58; 17% lower than July, 2009
San Marcos Condos and Townhomes
- August, 2010: San Marcos Condos for Sale: 213 (Active, contingent, and pending)
- August, 2010: San Marcos Months of Inventory (Condos): 7.2
- July, 2010: San Marcos Median Condo Price: $237,000; 9% higher than July, 2009
- July, 2010: San Marcos Condos Sold: 33; 50% higher than July, 2009
This snapshot is a quick summary from The North county Real Estate Report, a free 23 page real estate market report covering all cities in the North County of San Diego. Feel free to browse the current issue and subscribe to The North County Real Estate Market Report any time.
Thank you for reading!