Addison Pacesetters (Addison, Texas residents 50+ years of age) meet the first Wednesday of each month at Dunn Bros. Coffeehouse on Beltline Road and learn about the Town of Addison. This month, Diana George, the sales manager of Addison Visitor Services, spoke to us about the new visitor center, Addison's participation in the upcoming Superbowl festivities, and other special events in Addison. Here are some interesting tidbits from her presentation.
- Diana is responsible for getting conferences, meetings, companies, reunions, groups, etc. to hold their events in and around Addison and to generate business for Addison hotels and restaurants.
- She worked with the Model A Ford group for 5 years to get their meeting here.
- Most events are planned 2-4 years out.
- She is responsible for booking 12,000 room nights this year .
- This has had a $2.3M impact on Addison.
- Addison is one of 12 cities involved in the Superbowl campaign, which will be a week-long event.
- The NFL has blocked 10% of all its needed rooms in Addison hotels.
- An Addison bowling alley will host the NFL Charities Bowling Tournament on the Thursday evening before the Superbowl.
- Addison is being touted as the largest Superbowl watching party in Texas, with 170 restaurants in town to accomodate those not going to Jerry's House in Arlington.
- As a Superbowl host city, Addison will receive 45 trees for planting for being part of the Superbowl event/NFL experience.
- Offices for the new Addison Visitor Center will open December 1st in Village on the Parkway and the Metrocrest Chamber of Commerce will have space there.
- There will be an Artisan & Visitor Center opening shortly after, with a craft guild subleasing space to hold classes there. This will be in the building formerly occupied by Fitz & Floyd in Village on the Parkway, on the Montfort Road side of the complex.
- Oktoberfest is later this month.
- Volunteers for all Addison events and even for the Superbowl events are needed.
For more information about Addison Visitor Services, contact Diana George at 972-450-6236 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you're not an Addison resident and would like to become one, please contact me about purchasing a condo, townhome, duplex or single family home in Addison, Texas. Addison is a great place to live, work and play!
Next month, the first Wednesday is October 6th. Come out and join the Addison Pacesetters at Dunn Bros.