Readers, I am a blogging Real Estate agent in Owasso. If you want to know what that means to you as a home seller AND if your agent doesn't blog, be sure to read this great post by Irene Kennedy.
With deep humility, I admit I dominate the real estate blogging in my area. My posts place prominently on the 1st page of most Google searches. I fully anticipate great turnouts at the Opens we'll hold this weekend, thanks to my posts on a special Open House blitz in Belvidere NJ for Victorian Days 2010.
On one of my posts this morning was a comment from a Brand-X agent advertising HER Belvidere Open House theis weekend. I hit the delete button and sent an email not to advertise her listings again on my blog; copied both our brokers. Several hours later that agent phoned me. She didn't post that comment and hadn't known what a blog was.
Her sellers wanted to tap into my terrific Internet power for their Belvidere NJ home for sale and used her name, given she has responsibility for marketing. This gal said it was a good thing she called the sellers because they were about to place traditional hardcopy advertising too. She was most apologetic.
The poor sellers of that Belvidere NJ home for sale! THEY saw the power of my posts. THEY believe good blogging will equal more showings. THEY saw my Weichert colleagues collaborate to do something dynamic for our sellers. THEY clearly felt more marketing needed to be done - blogs and traditional. Perhaps THEY and their agent aren't in sync with clear and open communication. THEY feel forced to take matters into their own hands.
The marketing of your home for sale is critical - we're talking big bucks in your wallet! I don't blame these Belvidere NJ folks for wanting great marketing.
What can and should a seller do if he or she is unhappy with the service provided by a listing agent?
- Review your listing agreement. You probably cannot market the home on your own. Even if you can, never, never pretend that your agent placed the advertisement!!!
- Communicate with your agent. Hopefully, you have a good relationship and can sit down to chat. Emails or letters give you a paper trail that might prove useful.
- Contact that agent's office manager or broker. IMMEDIATELY let that higher up know of your dissatisfaction. That broker has many options to ensure your satisfaction.
- If you cannot get the service to which you are entitled and your agent is a Realtor®, consider contacting your local Board of Realtors.
- Insist your real estate agent blog to help get your home for sale to the closing table. Yes, I did send Brand X agent an invitation to join ActiveRain...
If you haven't yet selected a listing agent, think carefully about what marketing you will be getting. In Warren County NJ and adjacent Hunterdon County, at least 90% of buyers use the Internet to find homes for sale. What might not be in YOUR WALLET if your agent doesn't harness the power of blogging?
Copyright © 2010, Irene Kennedy, all rights reserved. This blog post represents Irene's personal musings.
Considering selling a home or looking to buy a house in Northwestern NJ? I serve the Route 78 corridor of Warren County & Hunterdon County. Benefit from creative marketing, top negotiating skills and vast real estate knowledge by contacting Irene via the data to the right.