All Real Estate is local; Real Estate business is definitely local. Being Manhattan Real Estate agents, we adapted our unique market place and navigate through this concrete jungle the best we can. You can read our about Part I of" 5 reasons why Manhattan New York Real Estate business is different"In Part II of "5 reasons why Manhattan New York Real Estate is different" we answered some frequent asked questions by our out of town buyers:
- We rarely have ‘Park Space' available for sale, most of the garages in Manhattan New York are operated by third party vendor. This means even if the garage is located on the ground or lower level of the building, it is not part of the building amenities. The garage user pays a separate monthly fee depending on the availabilities and season. (The monthly garage fee runs typically $400-$500 per month fee).
- We use ‘Central Laundry' in the building to do the laundry. Unless it is a newly recent construction or the building allows, there is usually no private washer and dryer in the apartment. Most of the cooperative and condo buildings' plumbing does not support individual washer/dryer. Central laundry usually is located on the lower level of the building or throughout the floor depending on the building.
- We have a ‘Pet Policy' in every building. Each building's pet allowances is different and unique. New York city is a pet friendly city but not every single puppy or kitty is allowed in the building. Some building has ONE PET only policy, some building only allows pets to be UNDER 50lbs, some building will only allow indoor cats but not dogs. Pet owners must check with each building before they start the search.
- The apartment is Sold AS IS and condition is delivered as ‘Broom Swept Clean'. This means the owner is only obligated to clean up the apartment with a broom and not necessary wipe down every single scratch or stain on the wall or kitchen counter. As a courtesy, the owners that we have worked with have always deliver the apartment in good clean condition. Unlike the new construction, the sponsor (builders) apartment is often professionally cleaned.
- Lastly but not least, we do not have an ‘MLS' (multiple service listings) here in Manhattan New York. We do have a listing system similar to it; however, it is access through the internal listing system by Real Estate professionals. Unlike the rest of United States, so far there is no perfect centralized listing website or portal that you can browse all the availabilities. Working with the right Real Estate agents like ourselves can give you access to the insiders listing and database.
I think some of these points may be surprising to the other agents and buyers in the country. We are Manhattan New York Real Estate professionals and helped many out of town buyers navigate through this Real Estate maze If you are searching for Manhattan New York Real Estate and you are a first time home buyer/investor or out of town buyers, call us today at (917)837-8869.
Read more about our expertise in the blogs series below: