I am a list person. I always make lists of things to do, so that I can thoroughly and methodically check things off one at a time. So I thought I'd make a list of things do before listing your home for sale. Believe it or not, people are still buying and selling homes in this market.
1. Begin to punch out the punch list. Fix the little things, like the doorbell, the door handle, the hole in the wall, etc....
2. Clean, clean and clean. Deep clean your home
3. Paint something near the front door.
4. Call your mortgage company to get a firm payoff amount. Don't just go by the last mortgage statement, you'll end up surprised by the numbers.
5. Call your local REALTOR, preferrably me! :-) A REALTOR can help you price your home right for any market condition.
If you will punch out your list, then you're ready to list your home. It's somewhat tough to be on the market, if you're not used to making your bed and picking up the home each day. These are little things that help it show even with a last minute appointment.
If you live in West Georgia, you can go to www.westgamarketsnapshot.com for an up-to-date look at our local market.