- Florida Capital: Tallahassee
- Number of Counties: 67
- Florida became the 27th state of the U.S. in 1845.
- Florida Population: 15,982,378 (2000 Census),
approximately 1,000-1,200 people move to Florida every day!
- Florida is the 4th most populated state in the U.S.
- Florida's Major Industries: tourism is first, followed by agriculture,
then banking, electronics, plastics, construction, and real estate.
- Florida has 1197 miles of coastline and 663 miles of beaches.
- The highest point in Florida is Britton Hill which is located in Lakewood, FL
(Walton County) and is Florida's highest elevation at 345 feet above sea level.
- Florida's geographic center is 12 miles NW of Brooksville, FL (Hernando County).
- The St. Johns River is the longest river in Florida, measuring 273 miles.
- Lake Okeechobee is the largest lake in Florida at 700 square miles.
This entry hasn't been re-blogged:
Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At
Find what you need?
See More Blog PostsAbout Real Estate! SEE MORE NOW!