Love it Love it Love it. Tom beat me to the punch, as we were discussing this topic over dinner Friday night at Shoguns in Temecula. Glad to see someone putting some controversial issues to light, vs. just putting out a daily market report and staying "safe". GREAT JOB, and nothing wrong with market reports, just be edgy once in awhile!
Hear me out here, guys, and I am sure 99% of you will agree with my stance on this! The "new" thing to do for Large REO Brokerages, & Large Short Sale Brokerages in my area is to have their "Office Number" as the only point of contact on their MLS Listings.
Conveniently, their "Office Number" is simply an automated voice, saying to press 1 if I am a buyer, or to press 2 if I am an agent. These are the only two options available, so obviously when I call, I press 2. This leads to the following automated recording: "Thank you for calling, our MLS is always updated, If you are writing an offer follow the guidelines in the MLS "Private Remarks" section, If you have any questions, please refer to the MLS listing, as this is the most accurate info we have on this home, Thank you for calling, goodbye" CLICK.
OK, Now lets examine all the issues with this "ZERO ACCOUNTABILITY & I BELIEVE YOU SHOULD BE FIRED BY YOUR SELLER AUTOMATED SYSTEM"
- You are paid between 2-3%, which in my area comes out to an average of $5000 by the seller to sell this home, yet you can't even handle answering your calls, or at least allowing a Realtor to leave a message that can be returned?
- If you have so many listings that you can't even handle answering a phone and fielding Realtor questions, then, A: You have too many listings and need to give some back, and B: You should be ashamed of yourself! How can you possibly think you are doing your best job for the seller, when you alienate the agents who will be selling your listing?
- You put on the MLS that it qualifies for cash only, yet I go and tour the home, and see that all appliances are in, the home is in decent shape, and will easily qualify for conventional financing. So When I want to call and ask you why this is the case, I CAN'T!!
- You put on the MLS to email offers to a certain email account. I did this 4 days ago, still not even a confirmation my offer was received. What should I tell my buyer, the one waiting patiently for news on their offer? The one who is now starting to express doubt as I ensured them we would have a response pretty quickly considering they made a full price, conventional offer on your listing!
I could go on and on, but I am headed to San Diego shortly to show one of my home sellers up here in Temecula properties in San Diego by the beach. A nice change of scenery on this hot day :)
I just wish listing agents could be held accountable. Do the banks & sellers really think it is best to load someone up so much that they refuse to even interact with the people selling these homes? Or is it just pure laziness? As I have seen agents with 5-10 listings doing this as well! My personal feelings are if you can't answer your phone and field agent questions, then you shouldn't be a listing agent, as you are HURTING your seller!
Do you have this where you live? I would love to know if this is just a "Riverside County" thing, or if it's everywhere.
Tom Bashe, Broker - SCA Real Estate
27710 Jefferson Avenue Suite 102 Temecula, CA 92591
(951) 225-3030 - Office (951) 491-5052 - Mobile (951) 253-9077 - Fax
To Learn more about homes for sale in Temecula, Murrieta, Winchester, Menifee, Lake Elsinore, Moreno Valley, Perris, Riverside, Corona, and all other cities in Riverside County, give me a call today!