Does your Home have Curb Appeal?
First impressions make a difference, particularly when it comes to your home. Curb appeal is the visual impression that your home makes to anyone viewing it from the street. If your home has curb appeal it will stand out from the rest and usually results in more money when you decide to sell.
Curb appeal can be as complicated as building a new entryway or as easy as painting your mailbox. The following list contains some quick fixes that will have your home creating a great first impression in no time at all.
- Windows: Clean windows sparkle and help show off your beautiful home.
- Window Coverings: How do your curtains and blinds look from the outside? Are your windows cluttered with knickknacks and stickers? Neaten up the insides of your home�s window areas that are visible from the curb.
- Painting: Walk around your home and keep an eye out for peeling, flaking, or faded paint. If found, it is probably a good time to paint. Neutral colors are a good bet as they appeal to a wider group of people.
- Don�t forget the mailboxes: Be sure it is painted or polished. All numbers should be clean and easy to read.
- Clutter: Remove anything that is cluttering the front area. Locate trash bins in the back yard or garage so that they are not visible.