This is a well written article that explains the "social" power of re-blogging. I remember when re-blogging was launched,. There was great debate. As usual, the brilliant marketing minds of AR Management was right on target!
As a newbie I did not understand Reblogging. I thought it was a form of copying someone's work. BOY, was I wrong. Reblogging is the biggest gift in Active Rain that I have found (ranks right up there with all of my new friends and business that I am getting from AR) I got up this morning to more comments on my Reblog than my Blog, so I really felt compelled to share the best of this with everyone who either is or isn't reblogging.
REBLOGGING CREATES LOTS OF EXTRA POINTS!!!
RELOGGING IS LIKE HAVING YOUR WORK SYNDICATED TO MANY PLACES BY THE WHOLE COMMUNITY!!!
REBLOGGING CREATES SUBSCRIBERS!!!
REBLOGGING CREATES COMMUNITY WITH NEW FRIENDS IN THE RAIN!!!
That being said, let me tell you that it has created a real connection to the community for me. Here are the top reasons I am finding that Reblogging works.
- Since you only get points for 10 REblogs a week (more later), I am careful about picking the best blogs I find in the rain to reblog. Since I am typically an evening blogger, when I reblog the articles of those who blog in the morning, it makes it fresh for the evening crowd to see a great blog that they may have otherwise missed if they did not go back to the beginning of the day to review. So it spreads the good news and information so to speak.
- If you feel strongly or like the content, it allows you to share your perspective, your input not only adds additinal flavor and information for the reader, it can really help support the original position of the blogger by adding agreement from someone else in the community of support.
- It creates a real sense of connection to the person who originated the article that you value their opinions, ideas and content so much that you would take the time to reblog their comment. That creates real community out here. Every reblog I have done has gotten comments back from the original blogger thanking me for reblogging.
- It creates points, yes you get 25 points for every reblog and you can do 10 reblogs a week for points, cutoff time on the 10 is every Sunday night at midnight. I find I do more than 10 because there is so much good content out here in the rain to learn from all my brothers and sisters.
- If nothing else, it makes you read more content and allows you to be a better business person no matter what your business through your looking for great articles to reblog and it adds information to your outside blog. (more about that later)
- ReBlogging adds amazing content to your outside blog site that is well written (more on how to do this in next article) and increases your SEO rankings.
To put it in perspective, I have learned a lot from blogging and about re-blogging by reblogging great articles. I am going to create another blog tomorrow on the lessons I have learned about the right way to reblog, but enough for this post. If you want great content on reblogging right now and have time today, I want to commend the Active Rain Bloggers who have done great blogs on this topic "Reblog" and their articles have really helpped me understand ReBlogging.
Gina Chirico wrote a Great Article on Etiquette called What is Proper Etiquette for Reblogs?
Midori Miller - Midori has many articles on Reblogging and her articles are short and concise with great information that has been a great help to me. Look for the links to more of her articles on reblogging at the bottom of this blog How to Make a Reblog Your Own Here is another Great post she did 11 Google Alerts because of One Post - Reblogging Baby
Here is a great article my Missy Caulk on Blogging ReBlogging is not Plagiarism - ReBlogging is more GoogleJuice I learned a lot from this article Missy is a big contributor to Active Rain and writes great posts.
Here is a great article on understanding the difference between Reblogging and Plagiarism How to Recognize and Avoid Plagiarism by Paddy Pizappi
Have a Great Weekend ReBlogging