We have already taken steps to assure sustainability at the Villages. And we are proud of the way the Project is coming together. Here in Asheville it is a Project that has generated a great deal of interest.
Right from the start (see photo of land and view as we began the project) we asked Chuck Marsh to come on board as our Permaculture expert, and committed to implementing the latest green technologies, including photovoltaic panels and rainwater harvesting on a development-wide scale.
Our home models in a range of styles and prices all must be NC Healthy Built and Energy Star Certified. We have
- made sustainability a core part of our vision
- created ways for residents at the Villages at Crest Mountain to get involved in community activities
- set realistic goals and plan, with the input of our neighbors in the community, to evolve and grow over time
- made building decisions in terms of energy efficiency
- pursued and met the requirements to be a U.S. Green Building Council LEED® for Neighborhood Development™ registered-project.
- grounded the Villages at Crest Mountain in respect for nature and natural surroundings: Wildlife conservation and restoring habitat diversity, rainwater harvesting, edible landscape design, and there is abundant common green space
Mention my pal MURPHY
and do Let me know what you think...
Call or email me for a personal tour of Asheville's Landmark Intentional Community.