Buying A Home In Lindenhurst NY? Having A Buyer's Agent Is
More Important Than You Think!
Anyone can buy a house without an agent. Heck, I did that myself years ago. Knowing what I know now, I would never do that again.
A listing agent represents the seller. They have their best interests at heart. If you purchase a home through the listing they cannot and will not negotiate on your behalf. Their job is to get the highest price possible for their seller client. If you ask them for the latest sold prices in the area, they will not give that to you. That will hurt their client.
Since a Buyer's Agent has fiduciary duties to you, here are the benefits to hiring a Buyer's Agent which is me right?!?!:
- Searching for homes that meet your requirements. You can do that yourself but it's very time consuming. Trust me to do that for you knowing I will not search for homes that do not meet your requirements.
- Sending you homes via email for you to preview.
- Scheduling appointments. You can also do that but again, it's time consuming and can be frustrating. Let me take that on for you.
- Take you to preview the homes. Come with me in my car and relax. No worries about where you are going. I'll have drinks and snacks too! if time permits, I'll even take you out to lunch! My treat of course.
Once you find the home you've been waiting for, it's my job to do the following:
- Pull comparable homes to see what similar homes have been selling for so you do not put in a higher than necessary offer. I will also tell you how long the home has been on the market, how many price reductions have been made, and how many times the home has been listed.
- Negotiate on your behalf. It's my job to get you the lowest price possible!
- Once your offer is accepted, then it's time to get a home inspection. I will be at the inspection with you.
Once you are in contract, my job is not over. There will be a lull during the few months before going to closing. I will call you at least once a week to see if you need anything. If a problem arises, it's my job to guide and help you through it. You can always call me when you need anything. Even if it's to vent!
Your attorney will call you to let you know when you'll be going to closing. They will go over what checks you need to write and to whom each check is written to. Some will be a bank check only. Then you will call me to let me know when the closing date is. If you need anything done, I will help you. I will also be there with you at the closing. Moral support is always a good thing!
So, hire me to be your Buyer's Agent. You'll be glad you did!