I had the pleasure of helping a homeowner stage the dining room in her Allen, TX house. As you can see from the photo below, the room was used for many activities except for dining.
Tip: When staging your home, it's important to define each room, in other words, tell potential buyers how the room should be used by placing specific furnishings in the room. That way they can imagine themselves living in the home.
Our goals for the room:
1. Clear out the clutter, including the personal items and collections
2. Maximize the architectural details
3. Maximize the square footage
4. Define this room as the formal dining room
This is how the dining room looked after we staged it:
This is what we did:
1. Took the table and chairs from the kitchen nook and placed them in the dining room
2. Released the chandelier which had been tied up
3. Touched-up paint
4. Placed dinner plates in the niches
5. Hung iron art on the wall
6. Accessorized the dining table