30 days ago, I began with some unreasonable promises. Having not blogged in about a year or so, I promised to blog 30 times in 30 days. I did it!
I promised to create and post 365 Things to do in Palos Verdes. Created and operating! Up to item number 24.
I promised my kids never to yell again. OK - I've broken that one a few times, but I always acknowledge the break and then make the promise again. I have a feeling I'm going to be working on that one for a while.
The purpose of making unreasonable promises is to live life powerfully and with purpose. These last 30 days have been an incredible journey of discovery and opportunity. Here are a few things that happened along the way:
1. 30 days really does a habit make. Every night it occurs to me before going to bed to sit down and write my blog post.
2. Promises kept do lead to powerful results. I've gotten more leads, more showings, more opportunities. I've gotten more organized because I promised to give myself key reminders.
3. I've had old friendships re-emerge and new ones form.
4. I've rediscovered my confidence in myself as a person who can accomplish great things.
5. I'm a better real estate agent, a better parent, a better wife, a better daughter, and a better friend.
I'm loving my life, and I thank ActiveRain for providing that first challenge that led to my first unreasonable promise that is helping me lead a powerful life that I love.
Day 30 complete!