We wrote about this in an article back in August What if Active Rain Incorporated a Property Listings Feature and sure enough it's here. It made sense then and definitely makes sense now. Based on what we see it looks like Active Rain took some advice from us.
In a 2008 Yahoo Real Estate Report it outlines some key factors consumers look for when visiting Real Estate Websites and/or Networks. One of the highest rated things is searchable property listings. So it makes perfect sense for them to add this feature and compete with Zillow and Trulia as well as increase their overall unique visitors.
Agents, Brokers & Realtors© upload (add) their listings, consumers visit those listings AR gets more traffic and professionals increase their lead counts ... everyone wins. It is pretty straight forward and easy to use (add pics, enter property address and save) so if you have listings that you want to advertise and increase the buzz with then give it a whirl!
- You can access it by clicking the Listings Link (located in upper right hand corner above featured members box - AR homepage)
- You can have up to 20 listings at any time. Each listing will be active for 30 days. This is to keep any stale information from being displayed. If you make any changes to the listing (i.e. update price, add a picture etc) the 30 days will re-start from that day.
- Each listing may have up to 20 photos and be a size of 960 x 440 pixels minimum.
- You have to use either Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer 8 to post listings.
- Listings will appear on the new Community Pages and appear on the sidebar of your blog if your a Rain Maker (paid account).