Addison Pacesetters (Addison, Texas residents 50+ years of age) meet the first Wednesday of each month at Dunn Bros. Coffeehouse on Belt Line Road and learn about the Town of Addison. This month, Chris McMurtry from the Town of Addison's Special Events Department, spoke to us about the upcoming Worldfest event. Here are some interesting tidbits from his presentation.
- This is the 3rd annual Worldfest in Addison.
- The location has been changed to Village on the Parkway.
- Addison's new Visitor Center will be located in the Village
- There is already a European feel to the Village with the fountains and architecture
- If at Addison Circle Park, the event would have to be built from the ground up
- There is great visibility for the event at the corner of the Tollway and Belt Line Road
- This event is FREE!
- 20,000 people are expected to attend.
- Parking will be on the south end of the complex.
- Volunteers for all Addison events and even for the Superbowl events are needed.
Activities at the Worldfest event:
- Berlitz (a major sponsor - Passport to Languages mini language lessons, scavenger hunt)
- Greg Davis (National Geographic photographer, will have a special exhibit)
- Mariachi Competition (presented by the Consul General of Mexico)
- Music & Dance Performances (on multiple stages)
- Global Food Court
- International Marketplace
- The Italian Club of Dallas (folk dancers, soccer workshops)
- Student exhibits from Oak Cliff and Greenhill School students
- Dallas Flamenco Festival (sponsored by Jose Cuervo)
This event is produced in partnership with the World Affairs Council of Dallas & Fort Worth, the Turkish American Association of Northern Texas, SRE, Bulgarian American Cultural Center, DFW Asian-American Citizens Council, Indian American Friendship Council,the Italian Club of Dallas, and Maharlika Dancers, USA.
Entrances to the event will be in front of the Original Pancake House and Dream Cafe. Hours are noon - 6:00 on both October 23rd and October 24, 2010.
For more information about the Worldfest event, contact the Town of Addison.
If you're not an Addison resident and would like to become one, please contact me about purchasing a condo, townhome, duplex or single family home in Addison, Texas. Addison is a great place to live, work and play!
Next month, the first Wednesday is November 3rd. Come out and join the Addison Pacesetters at Dunn Bros.