Foothill Ranch Elementary School Walk-to-School Day Info:
Grab your sneakers, bike, or scooter because Walk-to-School day is this Wednesday, October 13th!!!!
The purpose of Walk-to-School day is to promote healthy habits - daily physical activity, a greener environment, safety awareness/skills - in our children. It is also an opportunity for families to give walking or biking to school a try.
The benefits of walking to school include:
- Increased academic performance is linked to physical activity.
- Improves their self-image, independence and gives kids a sense of responsibility.
- Safer streets and cleaner air, resulting from less traffic in and around homes and school.
- Opportunity for kids to socialize with parents and friends and get to know their neighbors.
- Allows kids to learn about their community and safe routes for walking or bicycling.
Look for the parent volunteers passing out special Walk-to-School day water bottles at the main entrance in front of the school and the Borrego park entrance above Ralphs.
Don't miss out on the excitement and the opportunity to spend some quality time with your kids before school.