1. Statistics show that staged homes sell 30 to 50% faster in most areas.
2. The first impression a home makes is more often than not the one the buyers walk away with. It is therefore vital to make a good first impression right at the beginning.
3. It’s a well proven fact that buyers usually make up their mind in less than a minute on whether they want a home or not. With that in mind its critical that the outside of your home gets the same attention as the inside. If a buyer likes the home they are going to validate or reject that fact within the first 20 minutes. That 20 minutes is directly affected by the effort that went into staging (or not staging) the home.
4. Staged homes help the buyers see themselves in it by appearing to be ready to move in. Buyers place a great deal of importance on this factor in light of all the other “work” that has to be accomplished in moving into a new home. A well staged home says … I’m ready for you!
5. The vast majority of buyers cannot visualize what a home can be. They only see what is in front of them and if its cluttered, dirty and outdated that’s all they see. Also note that if they can see what it can become, the seller is going to be penalized in their mind for the work and cost it will take to get it into what they visualize it to be.
6. Staged homes just sell faster and for more money. Besides, agents love to show beautifully staged homes so you get more exposure. Staged homes have a competitive advantage over other homes that are not staged.
7. Appraisers see the home in a more positive light and are more likely to appraise the home higher than a similar one that is not staged.