It's Scary Furnace Foto Friday in Central Ohio
Since Halloween is coming up, I declare this 'Scary Furnace Foto Friday' in Central Ohio. You could not find a scarier furnace photograph than Mike Jaquish's below could you?
Perhaps home inspectors have scarier furnace photos. I shudder to think of it.
Every Friday is Furnace Friday on my blog... if I remember. I search for home maintenance info. regarding the "HVAC" components of a home. I try to find something a home inspector has posted about furnaces. Some times a real estate agent like Mike will provide the best fodder for Furnace Friday.
We are going to be doing some serious heating in Ohio long before Cary North Carolina. Look at your furnace. Have a professional look at your furnace. Follow Mike's advice, in the post originally titled "It's heating season in Cary NC. Have you had your furnace checked recently
Thanks Mike for allowing a Re-Blog of your post and scary furnace photo. Happy Scary Furnace Foto Friday!
It's heating season in Cary NC. Have you had your furnace checked recently?
It's that time of the year again, where we will turn on furnaces that may have not been used since April. Do you have your furnace checked every year? Every other year? If you cannot remember, it might be wise to have a licensed HVAC serviceman look at it before you really need it on a frosty cold night.
It is all to common for homes in the 8 to 12 year old range to have seriously corroded heat exchangers. At minimum, this is tremendously inefficient, as conditioned air can bleed away to the outside, after you have paid dearly to condition it.
Much more compelling is the specter of carbon monoxide poisoning, with combustion fumes leaking into the house. Beyond efficiency, that is the real reason to have the system assessed. Commonly a service tech will look at one or two furnaces for $90 to $160, with any needed repairs quoted on top of that fee.
That is a small price to pay for a lot of peace of mind. Additionally, if you heat with gas, oil, or wood, seriously consider investing in a carbon monoxide monitoring and alarm system.