Summer is at an end; it's time to prepare your home for the cooler months of autumn. Here are a few things to tend to.
- Have your heating system serviced and change the filters.
- Clean out your fireplace, have chimney cleaned, check for loose bricks and mortar.
- Trim hedges and remove dead or damaged branches from trees.
- Aerate your lawn and apply a fall fertilizer, rake up leaves.
- Check and repair weather stripping around doors and windows.
- Inspect and clean exterior siding and foundation.
- Test smoke detectors and replace batteries.
- Drain sediment from hot water tank.
- Inspect roof, flashing and eaves; repair if necessary.
- Clean and lubricate garage door hinges, springs and rollers; tighten screws.
- Protect grills and patio furniture from the elements but storing them away or using weather resistant covers.
- Ensure that snow removal equipment is serviced and ready for that first snowstorm.
I hope these tips help you prepare your home for the upcoming fall months. If you, friends or relatives ever need help in buying or selling a home I hope you keep me in mind.
Chris Adams lives in Daphne, Alabama, the eastern shore on Mobile Bay. Fairhope, Spanish Fort, Montrose, and Malbis are also part of the eastern shore.
Chris Adams does most of his selling and listing in Mobile, AL.
Subscribe to CommentsComment