Jobs in Fullerton - Top Employers in the City
1. CSUF - For years now Cal State Fullerton has been the top employer for the city of Fullerton! In 2009 CSUF had 3,667 employees.
U.S. News & World Report ranks CSUF among "Top Public Universities,"
(No. 8 among Top Public Universities-Master's institutions in the West), and CSUF's master's degree program in nursing for nurse anesthetists is ranked No. 10 in the nation.
2. St. Jude Medical Group - "St. Jude Medical Center’s reputation for compassionate care and medical excellence is built on the work of hundreds of committed physicians, nurses, technologists, and other members of their health care team. If you enjoy working in an environment where professional growth and learning meet state-of-the-art technology and a tradition of excellence, than St. Jude Medical Group is a great place to work."
3. FSD - Fullerton School District is #3 on the top 10 with 1,390 employees in 2009. FSD is currently using the Ed-Join Statewide job posting system to advertise job openings. Click here: Fullerton School District Listings on Ed-Join System
4. Beckman Coulter - Beckman Coulter Inc., is a company that makes biomedical laboratory instruments. In 2009 they had 1,300 employees.
About the job at Beckman Coulter their website says: "Over the years, our ability to impact biomedical testing has increased by focusing on products, lab processes, service and people. The contributions of our talented employees make our success possible. You can become part of Beckman Coulter's team by bringing your special skills to our diverse business. We offer opportunities for every employee to make an impact at Beckman Coulter, and on the health of people worldwide - through our products which support advances in patient care."
5. Raytheon - "Raytheon Company is an industry leader in defense and government electronics, space, information technology, and technical services. They focus on attracting and developing great talent." They had 1,200 employees last year.
6. Fullerton Joint Union High School District - The 3rd school-related company in the top 6 employers of the city is Fullerton Joint Union High School District. 8 High Schools spanning 3 cities are what make up the FJUHSD. Troy High School, Sunny Hills High School, Buena Park High School, Fullerton High School, La Habra High School, Senora High School, Lowell High School, and La Vista High School. That's a lot of high schools, a lot of kids, a lot of teachers, a lot of employees.
7. Fullerton College - "Founded in 1913, Fullerton College is the oldest community college in continuous operation in California. As one of five institutions of higher learning in the city of Fullerton, the college is an integral part of a complex higher education system. Fullerton College offers a comprehensive academic program of lower division transfer courses and vocational training to prepare students for transfer as well as for the technology-driven workplace." 1,060 employees in 2009.
8. Alcoa Fastening Systems - "Alcoa Fastening Systems is a private company categorized under Fasteners and Fastening Equipment and located in Fullerton, CA. Current estimates show this company has an annual revenue of $50 to 100 million and employs a staff of approximately 500 to 999."
9. City of Fullerton - Being located in Orange County with a population of 126,000 the city has plenty of jobs available.
10. Albertsons - It's your store --- it's also the store of 800 employees!
More about the author of this article:
I have been in the Real Estate Industry for over 22 years. Since 1988 I have been the Broker/Owner of RE/MAX North Orange County. RE/MAX NOC has successfully closed over 8,000 transactions for both residential and commercial real estate. Earning myself Re/Max's prestigous Re/Max Hall of Fame Award. I also uses the latest technology and communication tools with Zillow, Active Rain and Facebook.
Being an adventurer at heart I love to give back to the community and support local causes; I am very involved in Fullerton's Community and am a strong supporter of the Children' s Miracle Network, Susan G. Komen race for the cure, Meals on Wheels, Toys for Tots and the Fullerton Rotary. Yet in today's climate I prefers Honda's over BMW's. For more information about me you can visit me on Facebook or Active Rain. Don't settle for just any real estate agent or company for your home buying or home selling needs in Orange County. Give yourself the advantage of working with the best... Ron Holborn!