It's that time of the year again...time to turn on your heat or get your heat ready for use when cooler weather strikes!
Your heating equipment should be routinely checked by a qualified professional on an annual basis. However; there are also key maintenance checks you should perform on your heating equipment.
- Maintain records to keep track of maintenance checks and requirements.
- Change the filter as required, once every other month or more frequently, depending on the variables in your home.
- Look for water leaks or changes in the system.
- Check the drain lines to make sure they are clear and draining properly.
- Listen to the furnace operate and follow up on any unfamiliar sounds.
- Check flue pipes and vents for rust, water leaks and loose connections.
- Contact a qualified service technician if you don't feel comfortable performing these tasks on your own.