Here is a document to assist home sellers to get a realistic idea of the timeline and work involved in working with a professional stager.
So your Agent hired a Home Stager-Now what????
Congratulations! Your agent/realtor has recommended that a Home Staging consultation take place to highlight the best features of your house. You now have another member on your team of professionals dedicated to selling your home as quickly as possible with the highest profit possible. Here are the three time elements of staging:
- A Design Consultant will contact you to schedule an in-home consultation. This appointment will consist of a tour of your home and will take between 1 and 3 hours. After the initial tour with you, the Design Consultants will need some time to inspect your property so that they can complete the Home Staging Inventory and take photographs. The Design Consultants will briefly discuss their findings at the conclusion of the meeting. Your agent may or may not be present for the entire consultation.
- An Action Plan will be created. This consists of a room-by room strategy with photos to identify the changes and challenges in each room and also the exterior. The plan will be delivered to the homeowners and a copy will be delivered to the agent. After everyone has had time to review the Action Plan, the team will decide what will be completed, who will complete the tasks, and the timelines involved.
- The Stagers are available to complete all or none of the identified items. After the items to be completed by the Staging Company are identified, a quote will be presented that will outline the services to be performed, items to be rented, painting, lighting or other items to be addressed. A contract will also be presented at this time. ALL STAGING JOBS REQUIRE A SIGNED CONTRACT AND PAYMENT BEFORE SERVICES CAN BEGIN.
- Depending on the contract, all preparatory work will be completed before staging day. Please consider having your home professionally cleaned before the date of the stage OR complete a through cleaning yourself-the house should be in "white glove" condition before the actual staging takes place.
- On the date of the Staging, a team will arrive at your property. The actual staging may take one or two days and will consist of a team of consultants and professionals. Delivery personnel from a rental or delivery company may also be present. An average Stage takes two days to complete. Please plan accordingly and remove all pets and children from the property for the duration of the stage.
- At the conclusion of the stage, your Agent or Consultants will provide you with tips for living in a staged home. If the property is vacant, the Staging Company must have full access to the property for the duration of the contract.
- Now is the time to open your property to potential buyers and SELL.
- After the property is sold or at the conclusion of the contract, a team will arrive to de-stage the property. If rental furniture is involved, arrangements will be made for the rental company to pick up the furniture. De-staging the property may take 6-8 hours depending on the amount of accessories used so please plan accordingly.
Have additional questions? Call Transitional Designs, LLC at 314-517-5844 or 314-504-6838 or speak to your Agent.
Transitional Designs, LLC is a full service company staging properties in the St Louis Metro Area. Visit us at http://transitionaldesigns.com