If you go after FSBO's, here are some reasons why they need you.
1. Demonstrate the long list of all that's involved in marketing a property - from advertising and photography to negotiating and closing a deal
2. How you as an expert with all the tools, your network and the MLS will open the door wide for the world to see their property, where their efforts will amount to tiny and insignificant exposure
3. Explain to FSBOs that agents routinely land 27% more money for their clients' homes than FSBOs do, that 4 out of 5 FSBOs throw in the towel and agents regularly sell the homes several months sooner.
4. Offer them a free list of selling tips and marketing tools they could use, such as: listing on MLS, posting on FSBO websites or brochure boxes, for sale signs, open house signs, free school reports for buyers.
5. Be persistent. FSBOs are prone to tune you out and reject you...at first. But as their frustration level rises in the following weeks.
The key is to be patient and lot's of follow up.