Here's the latest from our Falmouth Fire Department in reference to Smokes and Carbon Monoxide detector inspections. (Smoke and CO Inspections). This is from the Falmouth Fire Rescue Department,
Fire Prevention Bureau, located at 399 Main Street, Falmouth, Massachusetts 02540.
They may be contacted: Tel. (508) 495-2530 Fax (508) 495-2540. The Fire Prevention Inspectors are:
Lt. Mel Trott Firefighter, Michael C. Metell, Fire Prevention Officer Firefighter Boyd W. DeMello. The department has sent the following information out to all Real Estate Agents and Falmouth Town Residents selling their homes. Here is the new policy for certificate of compliance inspections:
"In an effort to accommodate more inspections and make the ever increasing amount of requests for last minute inspections work, the Falmouth Fire Rescue Dept. Fire Prevention Bureau will no longer be scheduling appointment times for smoke / CO certificate of compliance inspections. Starting November 1, 2010, when you come in to schedule your inspection, you will be given a 2 hour window in which we will show up. This 2 hour window will still be dependant on the section of town in which the house is located.
- Residences in Falmouth center and Woods Hole will be inspected on Wednesday mornings between 9:00 and 11:00 am.
- North Falmouth and West Falmouth residences will be inspected Wednesday afternoons between 1:30 and 3:00 pm.
- East Falmouth residences will be inspected on Thursdays either in the morning from 9:00 to 11:00 am, or in the afternoon from 1:30 to 3:00 pm.
- If you wish to have a more specific appointment time you may call us at (508) 495-2538 between the hours of 8:00 and 8:30 am on the morning of the inspection and we can give you a better idea when we will be arriving.
Again, with this change, we hope to conduct more inspections and facilitate last minute requests. We try to accommodate everyone, but please understand that we have other responsibilities and sometimes we can't. You can help us help you by making sure your properties are ready for inspection.
- All residences must have a house number visible from the street and all devices must be properly located and working.
- Also, as a reminder, scheduling for inspections is done Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm. Fire Prevention Personnel are out of the office in the afternoon conducting inspections.
If you should have any questions or concerns about this policy change or anything else, as always, please feel free to contact one of us at the phone number above. Thank you for your cooperation with this new policy."
Please keep these things in mind when your real estate professional is helping you get your smoke detector inspections and carbon monoxide detector inspections completed.