I wrote this post in an effort to organize some of my thoughts and continue to grow my online profile. I wrote the questions in 1st person and I hope it will make everyone take a look at what they are doing.
1. How much difference does a good IDX make. I have posted the question what makes a "good idx", but idx can go from about $10 a month to over $1000 depending on the solution. What factors should I take into consideration when looking for one?. If I don't have a lot of traffic to my website does it really matter (I have heard the closed to unique visitor is about 600 to 1).
2. How do I choose the proper keywords for my website. Should I forget about my town real estate?
3. How do I choose the right long tail keywords for my site.
5. Is anyone looking for commercial real estate online, looking at adwords phrases the numbers make it seem like no one exisits.
6. What is the best way to syndicate my blog to mulitple places. I have heard and think I have even subsribed to ping.fm is this the best way to do it? I have accounts on wordpress, realtor.com, activerain, tumblr and a few others.
7. QR codes, if I decided to use them on a sign can someone scan this without getting out of their car. We get a lot of snow here and our signs are usually perpindicular to the street. I have posted this question several times and never really have recieved an answer or solution to this.
8. Video, yes I know youtube is the #2 search engine, but I don't think my clients are going there and searching homes in my town and watching the videos. I think the best use of video is a little of the house, and some of the neighboorhood niether video should be over 2 minutes unless I get people to my specific website it seems like some of the major portals are not that video friendly. (ps. I had video since 2007)
9. Mobile, I know that this is coming on like a big sunami but what is it that I really need to be doing with it. Do I need a fully functioning website with home search or should I invest in an app? Should I have both. Most of the solutions I have seen only have home info, not much other content was on these apps. What type of results are the people having that are doing this. I have talked to some very serious hitters and they are not doing anything with this.
I look forward to your responses,