Many people theorize about the ideal lead capture settings, but few seem to know what works best for the majority of Agents using a particular IDX or lead capture tool. So we brought out our thinking caps, and Excel spreadsheets, to bring you some numbers.
Where to start? IDX Broker is the IDX search tool we know (and built), so we'll kick off this discussion with the options available via anonymous datasets for these lead capture settings:
- Request/Force registration on search Forms.
- Request/Force registration on search results pages.
- Request/Force registration on listing details pages.
- Request/Force registration on listing details pages after x listing views.
- Request/Force registration on photo gallery pages.
Let's look instead at aggregate results. If we review the average number of leads produced by anonymous accounts that force or request registration on details pages after n listing views, we see some interesting results:
This broad correlation between lead capture settings and the average number of leads (over the last 30 days) doesn't end there. Other numbers surprised us (& may surprise you). As you can see from the chart below, this corellation suggests that most Agents should consider requesting user signup on photo gallery pages: