I saw these tips and I had to share. As an inspector, like you, I have seen some crazy things out there. This piece reminded me that in a "buyers market" the seller can squeeze in a few more dollars by presenting a better, more kept home. And I have always been told that the kitchen sells the home. Me personally I like the concept of stagers.
Tips for Selling a House
Ready to sell your home? Want to sell fast? For the best price? You need tips for selling a house. This article provides great interior painting ideas, unique home makeover tips, and great open house ideas.
Interior Painting Ideas
Painting your home in preparation to sell can make a big difference to potential home buyers. Here are some important interior painting ideas to remember for selling a house:
• Take time to prep: It pays to take the time to prepare walls prior to painting. Patch nail holes, repair dings and dents, sand all surfaces lightly, and wash with tri-sodium phosphate (TSP), a cleaning agent, stain remover, and degreaser. Click here for a handy house painting diy paint calculator.
• Be conservative: Keep your color selections neutral. Prospective buyers want a house that's move-in ready. They don't want to have to repaint rooms in order for furnishings, draperies, and artwork to coordinate.
• Go with quality: When selecting your paint and painting supplies, choose mid- to high-grade paints and high-grade brushes and rollers. Cheap paint will look cheap and application is everything! You can find a
• Don't forget the Exterior: Making sure your home exterior is looking its' best can be very important for selling your house. You will find exterior painting ideas and how to estimate exterior painting at Lowe's Moving today!
Home Makeover Tips
Why give your house a makeover even though you're going to move? In recent years, it's become more and popular to "stage" a home to appeal to the highest number of potential buyers to sell your house fast. When staging a home, here are some home makeover tips to keep in mind:
• Home Cleaning Tips: get rid of clutter (magazines, newspapers, stacks of mail, knickknacks, etc.).
• Home Organization Tips: put away personal belongings (family photographs, medications, toothbrushes, etc.).
• Rearrange your furniture. Consider placing furniture at an angle to add visual interest and make rooms feel more spacious.
• Neutralize your color palette.
• Improve your home's "flow" by creating open walkways and exposing as much floor as possible.
• Add sophisticated accents (bowls of fruit, fresh flowers, potted palms, etc.).