Hire a professional to clean mold damage
Cleaning and disinfecting surfaces with nonpolluting cleaners and antimicrobial solutions will remove mold and protect against mold growth.
Although proper ventilation is important, minimize air circulation and don't use your ventilation systems if mold is detected in the filters or ducts. Using these systems will disperse the spores and create new mold growth. In addition, mold spores might be inhaled and cause respiratory irritations.
Mold is a contaminant, presenting health hazards. Protect yourself during clean up using protective gear such as:
- Disposable plastic gloves.
- Respirator with a particulate filter, N-95 respirator, or half-face respirator with a HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) filter.
- Goggles or protective eyewear.
- Disposable full body clothing, coveralls, or a lab coat.
- Head gear.
- Rubber boots or foot coverings.
Be sure to use disinfectants to wash hands before eating.
Mold Safety Tips
- Clean and disinfect moldy areas with nonpolluting cleaners and antimicrobial solutions.
- Do not use ventilation systems if you suspect they are moldy.
- Use protective gear.
Subscribe to CommentsComment