I wanted to bring your attention to something that is happening around our town and has happened in other West Texas locations. I also checked it out on snopes and it is all over the internet too. I included a video to show how devastating this home grown 'redneck' bomb can be. People innocently go out to get their morning paper and see a soda bottle on their lawn. Of course they are going to go pick it up to throw away! Don't touch that bottle, it could be one of the popular bomb made from Drain-O and Tin Foil. The chemical reaction between the two ingredients creates a lethal force that can severe fingers and deliver 2nd and 3rd degree chemical burns, it could cause blindness and the toxic fumes can be harmful. Use caution when finding any bottles around a property, examine it carefully before you go near it. If it is swollen or melting in any way..................DO NOT TOUCH IT! CALL 911! If it has liquid in it, DO NOT TOUCH IT! CALL 911! Let the experts check it out. This is not a joke and needs to be taken seriously. Midland and Odessa, TX have had a series of these occurrences and the popularity of making these is growing. Directions for idiots are posted all over you tube and the internet. Please take the precaution when seeing a bottle...........no matter how silly you think it might be.
Contact The Author